Technical Engineer – Non Unix
Location(s): Petaling Jaya
- Schedules with customers on preventive maintenance activities
- Performs onsite comprehensive preventive maintenance
- Generates comprehensive preventive maintenance reports
- Uploads preventive maintenance reports to Field Service Management System
- Updates tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System
- Provides technical assistance to Level 1 Engineers
- Provides onsite or offsite support to customers
- Prepares incident reports if required
- Prepares problem management reports
- Handles small scale projects independently and assists in large scale project deployment
- Assists in project deployment and ensures deployment is carried out according to timelines
- Provides input to develop documents for projects
- Captures and updates project implementation technical issues for future reference
- Conducts project testing and commissioning with customers
- Updates installation tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System
- Updates Timesheet to Manager and Technical Lead
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 4 years relevant working experience required
- Possess a positive attitude, keen interest in the role and a desire to develop and progress in service delivery
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to configure and design infrastructure solutions based on VMware / Microsoft / Storage solutions.
- Good knowledge in IT troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Available to be on 24/7 standby (weekly rotation basis) and able to work after office hours, weekends and on Public Holidays if situation demands.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS & DHCP, Windows operating systems configuration, troubleshooting & implementation.
- Good working knowledge of networking, eg. TCP/IP and routing.
- Knowledge of Backup solutions (Veritas, Veeam or EMC Networker) and SAN Storage (EMC/NetApp) is an added advantage
- Technical skills requirements in any of the following areas : o MS Windows OS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, SQL, SCCM, SCOM etc o VMware vSphere, vCenter, SRM, HA o HP or IBM Servers, Blade Servers, Storages
- Preferred Minimum Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA.
- Any of the following Certification will be a plus: VMware VCP6, HP ATP, AIS, ASE, MASE and ITIL