Systems Architect – Non Unix
Location(s): Petaling Jaya
- To provide pre-sales technical support to System business primarily on x86 servers, storage, backup, HCI and virtualization solutions
- Other system solutions may be developed in accordance to company business direction
- To study, analyze, integrate and architect system infrastructure solutions according to customer’s business, technical and operational requirements
- Assists in bidding activities including solution architecting, preparation of BOM, liaising with partner/principal on technical aspects, solution verification, proposal write-ups, customer presentations, clarifications, proof of concepts and other related activities
- Liaise with principal and being technical champion for assigned solutions / products / technology
- Liaise with internal or 3rd party deployment team to ensure the successful deployment of projects
- Interface with customers to provide consultancy services
- Degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years working experience in System Infrastructure environment on server, storage, virtualization, backup, preferably in pre-sales support.
- Principal certification from VMware, Veritas, DELLEMC, NetApp, HPE, Veeam is an added advantage.
- Fair knowledge in common IT landscape for enterprise customer environment
- Must possess a strong desire to pursue and develop future career in pre-sales area, to focus on design, architecting and sales support
- Strong specialization knowledge in either VMware, Veritas, DELLEMC, NetApp, HPE, Veeam solution is a strong advantage
- Sound understanding in Public/Private Cloud architecture with good knowledge in end to-end solution integration
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Good documentation and proposal writing skills
- Good inter-personal and communications skill with all levels
- Self-motivated, self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good team player
- Willing to work under tight schedules to meet stringent project timelines