Technical Engineer – Systems
Location(s) : Johor Bahru
- Schedules with customers on preventive maintenance activities.
- Performs onsite comprehensive preventive maintenance.
- Generates comprehensive preventive maintenance reports.
- Uploads preventive maintenance reports to Field Service Management System.
- Updates tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System.
- Provides technical assistance to Level 1 Engineers.
- Provides onsite or offsite support to customers.
- Prepares incident reports if required.
- Prepares problem management reports, if required.
- Handles small scale projects independently and assists in large scale project deployment.
- Assists in project deployment and ensures deployment is according to timeline.
- Provides input to develop documents for projects.
- Captures and updates project implementation technical issues for lessons learned.
- Conducts project testing and commissioning with customers.
- Updates installation tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System.
- Updates Timesheet to reporting manager.
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years relevant working experience required.
- Possess a positive attitude, keen interest in the role and a desire to develop and progress in service delivery.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/AIX/LINUX/Windows) operating systems, Solaris Cluster, OVM for SPARC, OVM for x86, Solaris Zones, and back-office products.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NTP, SysLog, administration, configuration, troubleshooting & implementation.
- Ability to configure and design infrastructure solutions based on VMware / Microsoft / Storage solutions.
- Good knowledge in IT troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Available to be on 24/7 standby (weekly rotation basis) and able to work after office hours, weekends and on Public Holidays if situation demands.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS & DHCP, Windows operating systems configuration, troubleshooting & implementation.
- Good working knowledge of networking, eg. TCP/IP and routing.
- Knowledge of Backup solutions (Veritas, Veeam or EMC Networker) and SAN Storage (EMC/NetApp) is an added advantage.
- Technical skills requirements in any of the following areas :
- MS Windows OS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, SQL, SCCM, SCOM etc
- VMware vSphere, vCenter, SRM, HA
- HP or IBM Servers, Blade Servers, Storages
- Preferred Minimum Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA.
- Any of the following Certification will be a plus: VMware VCP6, HP ATP, AIS, ASE, MASE and ITIL.