Technical Engineer - UNIX
Location(s) : Petaling Jaya
- Schedules with customers on preventive maintenance activities
- Performs onsite comprehensive preventive maintenance
- Generates comprehensive preventive maintenance reports
- Uploads preventive maintenance reports to Field Service Management System
- Updates tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System
- Provides technical assistance to Level 1 Engineers
- Provides onsite or offsite support to customers
- Prepares incident reports if required
- Prepares problem management reports, if required
- Handles small scale projects independently and assists in large scale project deployment
- Assists in project deployment and ensures deployment according to timeline
- Provides input to develop documents for projects
- Captures and updates project implementation technical issues for lessons learned
- Conducts project testing and commissioning with customers
- Updates installation tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System
- Updates Timesheet to manager and Technical Lead
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 4 years relevant working experience in an IT related environment preferably with good knowledge of UNIX platform.
- Knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/AIX/LINUX/Windows) operating systems, Solaris Cluster, OVM for SPARC, OVM for x86, Solaris Zones, and back-office products.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NTP, SysLog, administration, configuration, troubleshooting & implementation.
- Possess a positive attitude, keen interest in the role and a desire to develop and progress in service delivery.
- Ability to work independently and within a team