Technical Engineer (IT Administrator)
Location(s) : Klang Valley
- Perform L1 troubleshooting to address any problems and potential threats to the system and network infrastructure.
- Oversee and maintaining networks, servers and security programs are operating efficiently.
- To provide consistent reporting on system & network utilization which includes bandwidth and devices on request.
- Maintain full assets of servers and network equipment.
- Provide assistances during server and network infrastructure upgrade and installation of new hardware and software configuration.
- Escalate and work closely with Level 2 System & Network Support team for resolution of issues. Provide necessary support as required.
- Escalate and liaise with third party vendors on implementation and resolution of technical issues.
- Monitoring of servers and network infrastructure i.e. up/down, backup progress, etc.
- Monitoring, operating and resolution of DC environmental equipment i.e. air-conditioning, UPS, generator, dry cooler, fire alarm systems etc.
- To work closely with L2 support team, and third-party vendor to ensure a stable environment in the Data Centers.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot of major system & network infrastructure equipment or product, e.g. VMware, HPE Simplivity, EZDR, Veeam and Cisco router, switches, firewall etc.
- Manage, Administer, Coordinate and Resolve any incidents or service requests within Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- To act as a backup for team members as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in IT
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in IT environment preferably with good knowledge of x86 and VMWare platform
- Fluent in English and possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess interpersonal skills with a customer service mindset
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be willing to work based on 24×7 shift per roster by team lead
- Working knowledge in the following area will be added advantages – AD,
- DNS, DHCP, MSSQL, MS Server OS, TCPIP, Routing, SAN Backup (Veritas/Veeam/HPE/EMC/NetApp), VMware vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, x86 servers (HPE, Dell, Cisco or Lenovo) and Storages
- Applicant must be willing to travel within Klang Valley and possess own transport.
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly pro-active in prioritizing issues and tasks