Senior Technical Engineer - UNIX
Location(s) : Petaling Jaya
- Provides technical advice and support to Level 1 and 2 Engineers
- Customer support on-site and off-site
- Provides remote troubleshooting if needed
- Attends to high severity incidents on and off-site
- Prepares and follow-up on incident reports if any
- Updates incident tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System to meet contractual Service Level Agreements
- Reviews and submits incident reports in a timely manner
- Coordinates with the technical team to prepare problem management reports
- Reviews problem management reports
- Monitors and ensures problem management reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Leads problem management and resolution in the support products.
- Leads project implementation
- Reviews project scope, Pre-Implementation Validation (PIV) and prepares project deployment checklist
- Ensures project timely completion.
- Plans and reviews implementation timeline with project manager.
- Develops design configuration documentation
- Captures and updates project implementation technical issues for references
- Assumes the Project Technical Lead role when required
- Submits timesheet to reporting manager
- Provides scope of work and man-days to pre-sales & sales teams (if required)
- Reviews and highlights project deployment risks
- Conducts technical sharing with Level 1 and 2 engineers
- Diploma/Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years related working experience in an IT related environment preferably with good knowledge of UNIX platform.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/AIX/LINUX/Windows) operating systems, Solaris Cluster, OVM for SPARC, OVM for x86, Solaris Zones, and back-office products.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NTP, SysLog, administration, configuration, troubleshooting & implementation.
- Certification in Sun/Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator (part 1&2), Sun/Oracle Solaris 10 Network Administrator and Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator.
- Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Storage related technology on SAN zoning, I/O multipathing software, ZFS storage appliance, Dell EMC, HPE 3PAR, Hitachi Data Systems, NetApp and tape library.
- Knowledge of disk management software on Oracle (SVM/ZFS), IBM (LVM) and LINUX (LVM) administration, configuration, troubleshooting & implementation.
- Open source solutions: Red Hat Virtualization, OpenShift, OpenStack, CloudForms